Monday Musings #10


Have you ever considered the idea of being excited about everything? Sounds kind of impossible right? Wrong.

Although I'm sort of known for being easily amused, I've noticed that as I'm getting older (not that I'm that old but you get me), it takes more to get me on my feet and jumping for joy. Looking around at little ones who squeal with delight at a chocolate bar, I feel a pang of jealousy that it no longer brings me so much joy. Now usually I hate to dwell on the past but in this case there's a lesson to be learnt so it's allowed ^_^

Think about it - as we grow up, we gradually become more cynical about things and lose our childlike innocence that put a filter on things in life that perhaps are not as fine and dandy.

But maybe WE'RE the ones overthinking? being negative? lacking enthusiasm? 

Perhaps life is about being happy and making other people happy - I've touched on this on a previous post - they say that your vibe attracts your tribe and it could not be more true.

Cynicism can erode away our ability to change and grow - especially if we succumb to a "what will be will be" attitude. Of course it could only be us being more realistic as our belief in fairies and Father Christmas fades away but my point here is that being too realistic can result in a slippery-slope downhill into pessimistic oblivion.

That is why I'm calling on all of us to find excitement and joy in everything we do - YES, even in that darn pile of laundry you've been meaning to fold and YES even in going to that gathering where you don't know many people.

Be excited to change. Be excited to smile. Be excited to see new things. BE EXCITED TO BE EXCITED.

When you have this mindset, the world is a completely different place. Bees are suddenly cute and no longer those annoying flying things that sting you (despite saying this, it will be a hard one for me to accept lol). Change no longer sounds scary and the world is no longer against you.

Therefore, I challenge you to every week:

  1. List 5 things that you are looking forward to in the coming week and
  2. Track how it feels to be excited about those things - scary? liberating? etc
Start by sharing what is 1 thing you're excited about this week in the comments!

I really hope that you can wake up every morning excited to face the day and what lies ahead :)

Comments

Popular Posts