Monday Musings #20


Have you ever taken the Myers-Briggs personality test?

Now I know what you’re thinking – personality tests are inaccurate. That’s what I thought until I took this test myself!

I first heard of it when I watched Wong Fu Production’s LunchBreak video on Youtube and seeing them discuss their types and how true their results were made me want to take it.

After completing the questions, the result was:

INFP - Mediator

They also provide lots of information in different categories including friends, parenting, relationships and even career paths.

At first I still doubted the accuracy of the results but as I read further I found myself agreeing with a lot of what the result said.

For example, if you know me, I tend to talk in analogies quite often and people may not always understand what I’m trying to get across (sorry if I’ve subjected you to my nonsensical stories before haha!).
-
-
A weakness of Mediators, which is so true for me, is “If they are not careful, Mediators can lose themselves… and neglect the day-to-day upkeep that life demands”. I’d much rather be doing things like being our exploring, directly helping people or even writing for you my readers!
-
-

According to the test, I focus my attention on just a few people at a time to be able to channel all my efforts into helping them – this may explain why I love giving people advice hehe.  

What was the most interesting for me was getting my friends to take this test and discovering that the majority of us come under the ‘Diplomat’ group – maybe that’s why we are friends!

I’m not saying that this personality test is the be all and end all to determining what you are like as a person because you probably will change as the years go on.

However, if you are interested, here is the link for you to find out your personality type for yourself: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Remember that the more honest you are in answering the questions, the more accurate the results will be. The truth is sometimes uncomfortable!

Here is another link to decode those letters that make up your personality: http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html



Comments

Popular Posts