Monday Musings #21


There is a quote that really reminds me to live in the now and it reads like this:

"The clock is running. Make the most of today. Time waits for no man. 
Yesterday is history. Tomorrow is a mystery. Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present"

Recently, with uni applications and all that jazz, I find myself thinking and living in the future.

There definitely are a lot of things that I look forward to in the coming years but I've realised that it probably isn't the healthiest or best thing to dream about it 24/7!

It's sort of like what I was saying about planning in my previous post where when you plan too much, it defeats the point of it as you're wasting time in doing so.

That being said, dreaming up scenarios can be fun but it detracts from all the amazing things in my life here and now.

An article I read the other day said that the 'present' and 'future' are only illusions. 'Tomorrow' is just a concept. You will never now what happens in the future until it becomes your present.

For me, appreciating the things around me at this very moment in time for their true and full value is something I need to work on.

Of course, having things to look forward to are good but everything that happens between now and then is building you up for those events.

Every new day is a stepping stone. Not being where we aren't right now should be enough motivation to get us to where you and I want to be in 5, 10, 20 years.

The most important thing is remember that you cannot predict the future - I guess 'YOLO' applies here haha.

Do you yolo life or do you dream of what could be like me?

Also, if there are any topics you'd like me to talk about in future Monday Musings feel free to let me know in the comments or on my Instagram :)


Comments

Popular Posts