Monday Musings #32


Happy Monday all!

With adjusting my schedule I’ve decided that on weeks that there are no Saturday posts, there’ll be a Monday Musings. But of course I’ll still be sharing my thoughts as and when on my Instagram where I post more often – hopefully this will enable me to produce quality content for you all without compromising my studies :)

In a previous Musings, I touched on the space between where we are now and where we want to be. For someone like me who lives with my head planted firmly in the future, not being able to act on my passions can be extremely frustrating.

Going through the motions of school, work etc to get to where I want to be seems so pointless to me.

BUT what I am forgetting is that the season I am in now is preparing me for where I’m meant to be in the future.

Who you are now is who you’re meant to be to grow into who you’re meant to become.

Something I learnt yesterday during devo is the difference between active and passive waiting.

Passive waiting is when we are complaining / being cynical about our current position but active waiting cultivates habits that are intentional and prepares for us the future.

If you’re not currently in a place where you can act on your passion, what can you do to develop it?

For example, since I would like to travel frequently in the future, something I could be doing now is saving up money or looking at careers that enable that.

Hopefully, this has given you something to think about like it did for me and as always, catch me on Insta and leave your favourite quotes and you could be featured in a future #mondaymusings!


Comments

Popular Posts